Join OU Advocacy for a statewide mission to Pennsylvania’s capital.
We will meet with legislators about key school programs, including:
- Support for EITC and OSTC programs
- Funding for school officer resource grants
- Protecting budget line items such as textbooks and Auxiliary Services
We must work to protect the EITC and OSTC programs. Philadelphia Jewish schools receive $5 million from these tax credit programs and this funding accounts for 20-40 percent of the scholarships provided at many of the local day schools.
- 10:00 a.m.: Arrive at the Capitol
- 10:15 a.m.-12:00 noon: Meetings with legislators
- 12:00 noon: Lunch Reception with more than 20 Legislators
- 1:30 p.m.: Leave Capitol
Small group meetings are being arranged with legislators, so it is very important we have an accurate count in order to coordinate these meetings.