The OU Advocacy Center is the nonpartisan public policy arm of the nation’s largest Orthodox Jewish organization‚ representing nearly 1,000 congregations nationwide, and leads the OU’s advocacy efforts in Washington, DC, and state capitals.
OU Advocacy engages leaders at all levels of government as well as the broader public to promote and protect the Orthodox Jewish community’s interests and values in the public policy arena.
The OU Advocacy Center:
- Protects and strengthens the Orthodox Jewish community by ensuring that government laws and programs (federal and state) support the life and security of the Jewish community and our institutions.
- Addresses the challenge of the affordability of Jewish day school education through securing public sector support and funding.
- Serves as the voice of Orthodox Judaism regarding the concerns and interests of our community in the media.
- Trains community leaders to be advocates on critical issues.
- Convenes Orthodox Jewish community leaders to discuss critical issues and develop strategies to address them.
- Serves as the Orthodox community’s link to the Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations, the Jewish Council for Public Affairs, the World Jewish Congress, and other umbrella entities.
In addition to its day-to-day activities, OU Advocacy sponsors an annual National Leadership Mission to Washington, D.C., and the Legislative Fellowship Program, training the next generation of Orthodox Jewish policymakers and activists.
Become an active participant in our programs and a partner in working for the advancement of our community and our values.
Contact us at (212) 613-8123 or by e-mail at OUAinfo@ou.org.